Tips to avoid hangover2018-12-31
What happens if you drink nothing else2019-02-15
Sugar free, gluten free carrot cake, with Bolero
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Servings: 16 People
For the cake:
For the icing:
For the garnish:
How to prepare
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line two 20 cms cake pans with parchment paper.
- Mix together the coconut flour, the nutmeg, Bolero Cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs, Greek yoghurt and Bolero Vanilla, Bolero Carrot & Orange and Bolero Yoghurt with a handmixer until well combined. Stir in the coconut flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Gently admix the carrots, pecans and coconut flakes until well combined. Let the dough be still for 10 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the moisture.
- Spread out the dough smoothly in the two pans (evenly). Bake for about 35-40 minutes: until the sides are golden brown and a fork pricked into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down completely before putting up the frosting.
- Beat together the cream cheese and yoghurt in a bowl with a handmixer on high speed until it becomes fluffy.
- Set the mixer to low speed and gradually add Bolero Vanilla, Bolero Carrot & Orange, Bolero Yoghurt and Bolero Coconut until it is well combined.
- Return to high speed and beat for 2-3 minutes until the icing is fluffy.
How to place the icing:
- Place one layer of the cake bottom side up on a plate.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the icing all over it evenly.
- Place the other cake bottom side up on the top.
- Spread a thin layer of icing all over the cake to make the crumb coat.
- Chill for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Garnish with diced pecans.